Black Gold Dog Food Review
Black Gold Dog Food was created with a special focus on hunting and other types of working dogs. More commonly available in feed stores, Black Gold Dog Food is slowly finding its way to more stores around the country. Hunters are one of the main customer bases for Black Gold Dog Food.
The brand creates its dog foods with natural ingredients, making sure to have complete proteins and essential oils. Black Gold Dog Food has a range of dry foods that give dogs the extra energy to explore the outdoors. Joint health and extra endurance are also the main focuses of Black Gold Dog Food.
See where Black Gold Dog Food Ranks:
Black Gold Company Overview
Brothers Jon and Don Allen started Black Gold in 1995. There was no dog food at that time to satisfy all the requirements of hunting dogs. Black Gold Dog Food was created to fill this gap in the market. The family-owned business operated out of Vienna, Missouri. The creators say that they feed their own dogs Black Gold Dog Food.
In 2015, ProPet LLC purchased Black Gold Dog Food from the Allen brothers. The food had a limited reach and niche customer base earlier, but after being acquired by ProPet, it is more widely available. Black Gold Dog Food can be bought online. The dry food is manufactured in the United States in Ohio, Kansas, and Minnesota.
Black Gold Dog Food has a mid-tier customer rating of 3.5 stars. The dog food which is supposed to boost energy has never seen a recall in the past two decades since it was launched. The food is available in varieties containing grain and those without. Black Gold Dog Food is also available for different stages of a dog’s growth. The food created for active dogs is slowly increasing its customer base as more people get to know about it.
Ingredients Found in Black Gold Dog Food
The main ingredients in Black Gold Dog Food are:
- Beef meal
- Chicken meal
- Ocean fish meal
- Fish oil
- Essential oils blend
- Chicken fat
- Brown rice
- Dried beet pulp
- Chicory root
- Variety of fruits
- Variety of vegetables
- Potato protein
- Pea protein
- Dried brewer’s yeast
- Canola oil
- Fortified with vitamins, chelated minerals, and amino acids
Mixed tocopherols are used as a natural preservative. Caramel is a natural coloring that has been used in Black Gold Dog Food. The dog food, unfortunately, also has menadione listed as one of the ingredients. Menadione is a form of vitamin K that has been linked to the breakdown of red blood cells, liver toxicity, and allergies.
Black Gold Dog Food uses natural, wholesome, and good quality ingredients specially formulated for working dogs. If your dogs like to be outdoors and are very active, this is a good choice of dog food.
Black Gold Dog Food Product Line
10 Varieties of Black Gold Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Beef Meal & Barley Formula Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Formula Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Game Bird Formula with Turkey & Quail Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Mature 7+ Formula Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Ocean Catch Formula with Salmon & Whitefish Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Ocean Fish Meal & Oat Formula Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Original Performance Formula 26/18 Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Explorer Timber Ridge Formula with Beef & Venison Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Black Gold Performance 26/18 Dry Dog Food