Blackwood Dog Food Review
Blackwood Dog Food puts its focus on small batches of slow cooked food. With the aim of keeping the food fresh and retaining the nutrition value, Blackwood has developed this method of preparing its dog food. Blackwood Dog Food uses only natural ingredients and does not contain corn, wheat or soy.
Blackwood Dog Food is a super-premium dog food brand and is committed to providing dogs with healthy food that tastes good. The dog food is available in dry food and wet food form, in options of with and without grains. Blackwood also has super-premium treats. Blackwood Dog Food contains a balance of proteins, fat, and fiber.
See where Blackwood Dog Food Ranks:
Blackwood Company Overview
Blackwood is a family-owned brand based in Ohio. Blackwood Dog Food was established over twenty years ago by father and son team Robert and Jim Golladay. They have developed their slow cooking method of food preparation through the years. Blackwood Dog Food sources all its ingredients from trusted dealers. The company takes care to maintain a high standard when it comes to the quality of both the ingredients and the finished product.
The slow cooking method used by Blackwood Dog Food does not only help retain the nutrition value of the ingredients but also makes the food easier to digest. Slow cooked dog food makes it easier for the nutrients to be absorbed by the dog’s body.
Overseeing all their own production allows Blackwood to keep track of the quality of their products. Blackwood Dog Food is prepared in small batches so that the freshness of the food can be guaranteed. Blackwood Dog Food promises to refund the purchase price of any bag of pet food that a pet refuses to eat.
Blackwood Dog Food has been rated 4-stars by customers. The product has never required to have a recall of any of its products. Blackwood retains a loyal customer base which keeps growing.
Ingredients Found in Blackwood Dog Food
The main ingredients in Blackwood Dog Food are:
- Chicken meal
- Lamb meal
- Whitefish meal
- Catfish meal
- Salmon meal
- Buffalo meal
- Chicken liver
- New Zealand Green Lipped Mussels
- Turkey liver
- Lamb liver
- Brown rice
- Pearled Barley
- Dried beet pulp
- Dried brewer’s yeast
- Dried egg product
- Chicken fat
- Fortified with vitamins, chelated minerals, and enzymes
No artificial colors, flavors, additives or preservatives are used in Blackwood Dog Food. Mixed tocopherols are used as a natural preservative. The total protein content in the dry food is around 24%. Blackwood Dog Food is a rich source of nutrition for your pet because of the slow cooking method used. The freshness of ingredients and the care taken in the preparation and processing make Blackwood Dog Food a good choice for pet owners.
Blackwood Dog Food Product Line
14 Varieties of Blackwood Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood 1000 Chicken Meal & Oats Recipe Everyday Diet Adult Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood 2000 Chicken Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Active Diet Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood 3000 Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Everyday Diet Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood 5000 Catfish Meal & Pearled Barley Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula Dry
- Blackwood Buffalo Meal & Field Pea Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Chicken Meal & Field Pea Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Everyday Diet Adult Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Lean Diet Adult Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Puppy Growth Diet Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood ExPro Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Lamb Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Salmon Meal & Brown Rice Recipe Sensitive Skin & Stomach Formula Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Salmon Meal & Field Pea Recipe Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Blackwood Whitefish Meal & Oatmeal Recipe Large Breed Adult Dry Dog Food