Hill’s Dog Food Review
Science-backed nutrition makes its way to your dog’s kibble with Hill’s Dog Food. Enrich your pet’s daily diet with a nutrition-packed meal that’ll help your beloved pet grow healthy and strong.
See where Hill’s Dog Food Ranks:
Hill’s Company Overview
Started by Veterinarian and Founder Dr. Mark Morris, Hill’s Food is a pet food brand that specializes in a healthy diet formulated dog food. The brand manufactures pet food enriched with vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that are essential for the wellbeing and health of your pet.
The idea for Hill’s Food came to Dr. Morris when a pet owner approached him for help to treat his dog, Buddy, who suffered from kidney disease. Aware that most of the branded dog food products contained harmful phosphorus, Dr. Morris set about creating a special type of dog food that was chock full of natural nutrition and was great to taste. Thus began Hill’s Food and the legacy of Hill’s Science Diet.
Ingredients Found in Hill’s Science Dog Food
- Soybean Mill Run & Soybean Oil (improves coat health and keeps the nervous system active)
- Animal Fat (keeps skin and fur shiny and healthy)
- Dried Egg Product (improves digestion and gives required protein content)
- Chicken Liver Flavor (an excellent source of amino acids and glucosamine)
- Lactic Acid (improves red blood cell count and muscle activity)
- Flaxseed (reduces chances of dermatological illnesses)
- Rosemary Extract (protects against heart disease and cancer)
- Chelated Minerals (provides the body’s required nutrient and mineral content)
The wet dog food and dry dog food available in the Hill’s Science Diet range make for highly-balanced meals, perfect for dogs of all breeds and ages. The team of veterinarians, nutritionists, and food manufacturers work together in the 180-acre Global Pet Nutrition Center which is responsible for the health and growth of over 450 dogs and cats.
The team analysis factors:
- Kibble texture & density
- Kibble taste & smell
- Gas output post-eating
- Satiation level and frequency of hunger pangs
Premium-quality, farm-fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat like chicken, lamb, and salmon are then used to manufacture a wide range of dog kibble. The company only uses ingredients from those suppliers who meet their benchmarked safety and quality practices. Dog kibble is then specially formulated taking into consideration the specific requirements of different dogs.
Customers who have used these products have felt a visible change in their dog’s physical health in the form of:
- A smoother coat
- Less indigestion
- More energy & greater mobility
- Stronger muscles
- Lesser instances of infection
- Better and faster physical development
The company provides coupons for regular customers, which makes these organic treats more accessible to pet owners. Hill’s Foods also feeds shelter animals their premium Science Diet range of wet and dry dog food. This biology and science-backed canine nutrition have really helped dogs of all ages and needs get back on the right track to good health.
Hill’s Dog Food Product Line
Hill’s Dog Food sells an array of diet dog food formulas. Hill’s Science Diet, Hill’s Prescription Diet and Hill’s Ideal Balance provide a foray of dog food formulas.