Primal Dog Food Review
Nature intended animals to be fed a particular way. But artificial modification of pet food has resulted in products that offer no nutrition and only contain harmful ingredients that may adversely affect your pet.
The Primal Pet Foods’ range of dry dog food and wet dog food are produced keeping in mind the natural requirements of dogs of various ages and life stages. Each product is crafted with care and will help pet owners revert to a natural and wholesome diet option for their beloved pet dogs.
Primal Company Overview
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, Primal Pet Foods was started in 2001 by Matt Koss who is a firm believer in following a natural diet for pets of all ages and breeds. According to him, dogs that eat naturally-growing fruits, vegetables, and raw meat don’t fall ill because of the inherent amount of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals they get from this raw diet.
The company produces an extensive range of canned, wet, and dry dog food that mimics the composition, texture, and taste of canine food in the wild. By incorporating organic and all-natural ingredients in their dog meals, Primal Pet Foods is making healthy and wholesome food accessible to pet owners at reasonable prices. Many of the kibbles and snacks produced by Primal Pet Foods are raw food.
The company has its manufacturing and food evaluation operations in Portland, Oregon. They procure products from reliable farmers and product suppliers across the US & New Zealand and subject these ingredients to the most stringent quality tests. The Primal dog food range of products has received the USDA and AAFCO certification/approval and is considered one of the safest, freshest, and completely chemical-free products on the market.
Ingredients Found in Primal Dog Food
- Beef Livers (an excellent source of iron, copper, niacin, zinc, and phosphorus)
- Organic Broccoli (very good to boost the immune system in dogs)
- Apples (provides good dental care by cleaning your dog’s teeth and reducing bad breath)
- Montmorillonite Clay (de-toxifies your dog’s body by absorbing all of the toxins and drugs in its intestinal tract)
- Cranberries & Blueberries (improves the health of the bladder and reduces chances of urinary tract infection)
- Coconut Oil (reduces the sensitivity of the skin to allergens and speeds full-body healing)
- Kelp (especially beneficial for dogs with hypothyroidism)
- Pumpkin Seeds (a great solution to constipation and diarrhea)
- Kale (improves the dog’s ability to absorb omega fatty acids from other foods)
- Chelated minerals
The Primal dog food products are minimally-processed, just enough to keep the raw ingredients nutritious and usable for months. They are completely steroids-free and antibiotics-free. The ingredients are combined taking into consideration the unique biological and metabolic requirements of dogs of all breeds and ages.
Primal Dog Food Product Line
Primal focuses on providing 5 star quality freeze-dried dog food. Here is a breakdown of Primal freeze-dried product line.
8 Varieties of Primal Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Beef Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Chicken Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Duck Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Lamb Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Pork Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Rabbit Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Turkey & Sardine Formula Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- Primal Venison Nuggets Grain-Free Raw Freeze-Dried Dog Food