Royal Canin Dog Food Review
Royal Canin dog food is a widely available and popular dog food brand that goes down well with even the fussiest dogs! With kibble tailor-made to different breeds and dog food that grows with your dog from pup through to adult and mature dog, this is a dog food for life. Simple and unfussy, this dry and wet dog food caters to a range of appetites and canine palates.
Royal Canin Company Overview
Royal Canin was founded in France in 1968 by veterinarian Jean Cathary who had a vision for a pet food company that created products with a science-led approach. The company’s advanced dog food formulation soon caught on with pets and their owners and canines lined up for more. Even today, the company’s in-house team of scientists works closely with partner professional breeders and veterinarians to continuously innovate and create newer and better dog food products. Royal Canin’s United States headquarters is in St. Charles, Missouri with manufacturing facilities in Missouri and South Dakota.
Each formulation is designed to help maintain optimal nutrition and weight of a dog based on their life-stage, size, and health. The dog food contains nutrients in the right amounts for each size/breed, to build strong bones and keep the coat glossy. Additionally, the kibble is even shaped and sized to suit a dog’s breed, modified to be just right for their muzzle and teeth and chewing style. Special lines for dogs with sensitive skin, sensitive digestion, and for weight management are also available.
Ingredients Found in Royal Canin Dog Food
Each serving of dog food contains 50 different nutrients that dogs need to stay fit and healthy.
- Proteins like chicken that give your pets the nutrition they need for strong muscles
- Fermentable and non-fermentable fibers for gut health.
- Omega-6 fatty acids and omega-3 fatty acids which can help with skin health and keep a dog’s coat glossy.
- High-quality by-products like hearts, livers, and lungs to add to the nutrient content of each dog meal.
- Grains like corn that are processed to make them easily digestible and a good source of carbs for your pooch.
Some dog owners have described being in Royal Canin heaven after years of struggling to find a brand of dog food that their dog would take to. The breed-specific approach and delicious tasting recipes make this a brand that dogs and their pet-parents can’t do without. If you’re looking for something to meet the specific needs of your pooch or want a dog food that factors in the specific nutritional needs of his breed, your search in the dog food aisle may finally be at an end.
Royal Canin Dog Food Product Line
Royal Canin makes both dry and canned/wet dog foods that meet the needs of everyone from a young pup to a mature dog. This product range has special products for each breed of pup, because the nutritional needs of different breeds vary at this crucial early stage of development.
- Royal Canin Size Health: Breed/size-specific dog food for small, medium, large, and giant breeds with the right nutrient mix for that size. Goes from puppy to adult, to mature dog.
- Breed-Health Nutrition: Dog food that caters to specific nutritional needs of different breeds, addressing common health concerns and nutritional gaps.
- Lifestyle Health Nutrition: A line of dog food for sporting and working dogs that have high energy needs and lead very active lifestyles.