Kirkland Dog Food Review
What happens when a national warehouse store chain creates their own range of dog food? You get a product that’s readily available and budget-friendly. But does it deliver on taste and nutrition too? When it comes to dog food, you need something that meets the changing needs of your dog and grows with it from pup to adult to senior dog. If you are particular about eating organic, Kirkland has you covered too! And yes, the dogs love it.
Kirkland Company Overview
Kirkland Dog Food is a private label brand of dog food that’s made especially for retailer Costco. This dry dog food lines shelves at stores nationwide and comes in a variety of interesting dog-pleasing flavors.
Costco realized the need for different products for each life stage of a dog, so you can pick from options formulated for pups, adult dogs, and mature dogs. There are also some variants that can help with weight management and some that cater to the special needs of smaller breeds.
Ingredients Found in Kirkland
Kirkland’ signature range of dog food contains great tasting ingredients that dogs really enjoy.
- Chicken, turkey, salmon, lamb – all great sources of animal protein and used in Kirkland dog food to give your dog the nutrition they need for strong muscles and healthy growth.
- Probiotics to help with digestive health.
- Whole grains for the nutrient boost and fiber content they offer along with a healthy low GI carbohydrate source.
- Vegetables and fruit for the essential nutrients, vitamins, and minerals they contain, carefully chosen for their ability to benefit your dog’s overall health.
- Rice and lentils for a carb boost
- Omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids for a shiny coat, good skin, and better immune health.
When it comes to the Nature’s Domain range, Kirkland goes all out to ensure everything is certified USDA organic and grain-free. Perfect for pet owners keen on giving their dog a healthy, balanced meal and for dogs with food sensitivities.
- Healthy proteins like chicken, turkey meal, salmon meal, and beef meal.
- Legumes: This line also contains a blend of organic legumes like lentils, peas, and garbanzo beans for the phytonutrients and fiber they contain in addition to the carbs on offer.
- Dried chicory root: This probiotic helps digestive health
- Omega fatty acids that keep your pet’s skin healthy and coat shiny.
This no-fuss dog food is a safe bet for pet owners looking for something that’s easily available and won’t break the bank. A pooch pleasing staple, you can stay organic with the Nature’s Domain line or stick with the mainstream range of dry dog food on offer. Either way, you shouldn’t have much to complain about with a bag of Kirkland dog food.
Kirkland Dog Food Product Line
Kirkland dog food offers dry dog food in multiple formulas across these major lines:
- Nature’s Domain – Organic all-natural line of dog food. It comes in 4 delicious flavors.
- Life-stage and breed based formula – Available for pups, adult dogs as well as seniors this is Kirkland’s staple dog food option. There is a formula for small breeds too.
- Healthy Weight Formula – Specially formulated dog food for overweight dogs and those with a tendency to put on weight. Contains just 275 calories per cup.
10 Varieties of Kirkland Dry Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Adult Formula Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Adult Formula Lamb, Rice and Vegetable Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Healthy Weight Formula Chicken & Vegetable Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Mature Formula Chicken, Rice and Egg Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Beef Meal & Sweet Potato Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Organic Chicken & Pea Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Salmon Meal & Sweet Potato Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Nature’s Domain Turkey Meal and Sweet Potato Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Puppy Formula Chicken, Rice and Vegetable Dog Food
- Kirkland Signature Small Formula Chicken & Vegetable Dog Food