Canine Caviar Dog Food Review
Canine Caviar Dog Food is an ultra-premium dog food that focuses on an alkaline diet for dogs. The reasoning behind the alkaline diet is that it is what dogs and wolves would normally be consuming in the wild. Canine Caviar Dog Food is prepared to mimic the natural feeding habits of wild dogs as far as possible.
Canine Caviar Dog Food has developed a food that had a single animal protein source and a single complex carbohydrate. The formulation of this type of dog food is based on the fact when hunting in the wild, dogs would only eat one type or meat in one meal. Canine Caviar offers a wide range of dry food, wet food and treats for dogs.
See where Canine Caviar Dog Food Ranks:
Canine Caviar Company Overview
Canine Caviar was founded by Jeff Baker in 1996. The dog food brand was inspired by Baker’s success with developing a healthier diet for his own Great Dane. The diet Baker developed prevented his dog from developing allergies and led to him having a long and healthy life.
Baker was at that time a researcher in a pharmaceutical company. He decided to use his knowledge of allergies and chemical interaction in foods to develop a healthier brand of dog food. Baker found that an alkaline diet helped to promote better pet health by improving oxygen supply in the body, promoting self-recovery of DNA, and reducing the risk of diabetes, kidney problems and liver problems.
Canine Caviar Dog Food has a 4-star rating from customers. In 2007 the company had to recall two of its products namely Canine Caviar Gourmet Turkey and Canine Caviar Gourmet Beaver. The two canned foods were part of the melamine recalls. There have been no other recalls for Canine Caviar Dog Food.
Ingredients Found in Canine Caviar Dog Food
The main ingredients in Canine Caviar Dog Food are:
- Venison tripe.
- Wild salmon.
- Sweet potato.
- Norwegian sun cured kelp.
- Assorted vegetables.
- Pearl millet.
- Split peas.
- Brown rice.
- Coconut oil.
- Fortified with vitamins and chelated minerals.
Mixed tocopherols are used as a natural preservative. The fat used in the preparations is the animal fat of the corresponding animal protein for each formula. Canine Caviar Dog Food does not use any artificial colors, flavors, or additives. The protein content of the dry food is around 25%. The protein content of the wet food is much higher, but the wet foods are not a balanced diet on their own.
While the FDA has not substantiated any of the claimed benefits of an alkaline diet there have been no harmful effects associated with the diet. However, an alkaline diet is not recommended for dogs who already suffer from kidney problems. If you are thinking of starting your dog on Canine Caviar Dog Food, you should check with your vet first if this is the best option for your dog.
Canine Caviar Dog Food Product Line
7 Varieties of Canine Caviar Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Free Spirit Holistic Entree All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Leaping Spirit Entree All Life Stages Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Open Meadow Holistic Entree All Life Stages Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Open Sky Holistic Entree All Life Stages Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Puppy Holistic Entree Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Special Needs Holistic Entree Dry Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Limited Ingredient Diet Wild Ocean Holistic Entree All Life Stages Grain-Free Dry Dog Food
5 Varieties of Canine Caviar Wet Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Duck & Sweet Potato Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Goat Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Lamb Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Unagi Grain-Free Canned Dog Food
- Canine Caviar Venison Tripe Grain-Free Canned Dog Food